The Computer Engineering
Technology Associate in Science degree is designed to prepare students for employment as computer engineering technicians and in related occupations in electronics. After completing the program, the students will be able to demonstrate proficiency in computer systems architecture, software fundamentals, communication interfacing, peripheral equipment, customer site requirements and considerations, customer relations, high-level computer programming languages, computer networking, the use of microcomputer disk operating system services and functions, analysis and design of data communications systems and peripheral equipment used in computer systems, as well as, demonstrate appropriate communication, math, science and employability skills.
Students will be able to:
- Properly write basic code that will perform fundamental tasks.
- Design fundamental circuits that are used in small or midrange systems.
- Make financially sound decisions in the design and maintenance of hardware designs.
- Demonstrate the understanding of the term efficiency and how it is important in the design and operation of a computer that is classified as either ‘sustainable’ or ‘green’.
- Perform basic hardware design and write code used in the proper sizing design of a computer.